Key Account Manager - Chicago
ABOUT THE POSITION: Quintessential Brands North America imports a portfolio of award-winning premium gins, Irish whiskies and Irish cream liqueurs including Greenall’s, Bloom, Thomas Dakin, Opihr, The Dubliner, Dead Rabbit, Dublin Liberties and O’Mara’s. We are seeking a KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER to drive on and off premise brand execution in IL.
THE RIGHT PERSON: Based in Chicago you will be an experienced retail sales executive looking for an opportunity to join a fast-growing Company with world class brands participating in the highest growth segments of the spirits category. We have the vision, ambition, plans and investment to win and we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our high-performing team.
ROLE OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER will be responsible for driving availability, visibility, brand education and trial of our super-premium gin, Irish whiskey and Irish cream portfolios in key on and off premise retail accounts. The position is customer facing with significant distributor responsibilities grounded in driving brand programming and brand education.
- Work with the Regional Sales Manager to establish a monthly call plan for assigned accounts
- Secure placement of brands in assigned key accounts
- Achieve assigned sales targets and brand execution goals independently and with distributors
- Plan and execute brand education sessions for store staff to ensure they can confidently recommend our brands to consumers at shelf
- Develop trade relationships and establish yourself and QBNA as experts in super-premium gin, Irish whiskey and Irish Cream Liqueur
- Plan and execute in-store sampling events (will require occasional weekend work)
- Identify and secure opportunities to display our brands during key sales periods
- Ensure our brands are prominently featured on retailer websites and social media channels
- Work with QBNA Trade Marketing Manager to develop and provide educational and promotional content for off premise retailer websites and key on premise accounts
- Participate in brand education sessions for Distributor sales teams with Regional Sales Manager
- Align with Distributor brand focus and price promotion calendars to ensure optimal execution
- Present performance updates and upcoming priorities at Distributor General Sales Meetings
- Schedule monthly “ride-withs” with distributor sales personnel to drive execution
- Prepare weekly and monthly KPI reports – distribution, revenue, volume, rate of sale, activation, education, consumer engagement, market and competitive insight
- Lead QBNA participation in Whiskey Festivals and other sampling or sponsored events
- Manage and provide monthly reports on all allocated budgets to ensure spend efficiency and optimal return – samples, promotional materials, promotional spend, travel and entertainment
VALUED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive sales experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Experience selling premium spirits is especially valuable
- Existing relationships with key liquor stores in assigned markets
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proven ability to work with Distributor sales reps to achieve account goals
- Undergraduate Degree considered an asset
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrated public-speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to sell, influence and partner with customers and co-workers
- Ability to manage budgets and provide timely, concise reporting
- Excellent execution and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Passion and knowledge of food and drinks as well as cocktail culture
- Solid skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of digital networking tools such as Instagram, Twitter
- Experience in promotional marketing and event execution
- A “Team Spirit” – collaborative, driven and motivated to win as a team
- Resilient and solution-oriented
- Passionate about developing super-premium brands
- An engaging story-teller
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Base Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
- Health insurance
- Car allowance
- 401(K) with Company match
- 3-weeks PTO
- QB North America
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Employment type
Our Culture - The Essence of Quintessential Brands
We're an 'all hands on deck' kind of place where you'll have the opportunity to get involved in end to end projects, implement systems and process. We're fast, agile and entrepreneurial but, most importantly, our people are at the heart of what we do.
While we do work hard, we do it with a sense of fun, pride and passion that you won't find anywhere else.
Are you never shaken and very rarely stirred? More Cosmopolitan than Old Fashioned? Approach everything you do with a dash of creativity and a squeeze of positivity? Then we need you!
About Quintessential Brands Group
Established in 2011, Quintessential Brands Group is one of the most successful spirits companies to emerge from the UK in the last decade. The company offers a complete range of services and products to its customers across the world; producing and distributing some of the world's most-loved spirits brands, including Greenall's, the Original London Dry Gin, Opihr Spiced Gin and BLOOM Gin, as well as developing and producing some of the most commercially successful retailer brands of recent years for trade customers, and co-packing for some of the world’s most well-known spirits brands.
Recognised by the industry as International Spirits Challenge Gin Distiller of the Year five times in the last six years, Quintessential Brands is renowned for its unrivalled gin distilling capabilities heritage dating back to 1761 and is emerging as one of the most dynamic new entrants in the Irish whiskey market with the Dublin Liberties Distillery. With world-class product development and manufacturing at four world-class production sites across Europe and an award-winning premium brand portfolio comprised of English Gins, Irish Whiskeys, Irish Creams and Liqueurs, Quintessential Brands is committed to being the indispensable spirits partner of choice to its customers across the world, with customers and insights at the heart of everything we do.
Key Account Manager - Chicago
Loading application form
Already working at Quintessential Brands Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.